Friday, December 2, 2011

Piano

I've been needing to write this down for a couple of weeks now.

Before we moved, I gave away our old piano that was actually Sam's dad's (Pop).  It was really old and not in very good shape at all and taking up a lot of room in the old house that I could use for packed boxes.

I've been looking for a replacement piano ever since but just didn't really pursue it.  I'd check Craigslist on a regular basis but that was about it.

I joined the Stake Choir for the community Christmas event and at the first rehearsal, I felt so impressed by the Spirit that I needed to get a piano as soon as possible.  It was an urgent feeling.  So, I started a new more earnest search.

I had seen an ad for a Kohler and Campbell piano on Craigslist for a month or so.  The price was out of my range which was about $500 or so.  This was listed at $1500.  Then I saw it start to come down in price.  She put it back up for $1200.  Hmmm....I may be able to twist Sam's arm but that's a lot of money.  I contacted her and planned to go play it.  But, the schedule didn't work out and I never got over there.  The Wednesday after choir practice I saw that she had reduced the price to $800.  I called immediately and arranged to go play it the next day.  The seller's house was literally about a mile from my new house.  The piano was only six years old and in perfect condition but was out of tune.  I played it a bit and then asked the seller's mother (who had let me in) if she knew the last time the piano was tuned.  She called her daughter (Ebony) and I was able to talk with her.  I told her the piano was quite out of tune and sounded tinny.  I learned from Wendy McNiven that it's best to play a piano regularly for it to keep it's tuning.  This piano hadn't been touched in years.

I asked Ebony what the lowest offer she'd take on it.  She thought for a moment and said $600.  I was tickled with that but asked if she could do $500.  No, $600 was the best.  Fine by me!  I ran home and called Sam.  Checked with Wendy McNiven and even called a piano dealership out in Salt Lake City.  The dealer told me that the piano, if traded in, would fetch me a $1000.  I was sold.

Sam made all the arrangements to move the piano.  I'm so grateful for him.  He rented a little trailer from Uhaul and Jim D'Amico and Scott Nesbit helped move it.  Pianos are so dang heavy.  It's beautiful.

I'm so grateful to God for blessing me with it.  I know He did it for me.  I know it.  The Holy Spirit confirmed it to me.  What a wonderful Father we have that would pay attention to such insignificant wants as to arrange it all.  We just have to pay attention for the opportunities He gives us and the answers to our prayers.

I can't express my gratitude enough.  I never will be.  Not just about this but everything else.  I need more gratitude.  Mo' please.

No comments:

Post a Comment