Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I'm thankful

I wanted to jot down a couple of thoughts of gratitude.

Luckily I re-read what I wrote about last Christmas.  How harried I was and that I vowed to have my shopping done by November 30.  I did it!  I'm so thankful I wrote that on this blog.  It's been so much better.  My attitude for Christmas has been so much more peaceful.

Next, year I need to have all the shopping AND the wrapping done by November 30.  I also need to write a list of everything I got the kids/family/friends, so I don't rack my brain constantly wondering if I got them equal stuff.

Last night I was literally up all night coughing.  I took plenty of cough medicine but nothing helped.  I got pretty upset that I couldn't rest.  But, then my gratitude attitude kicked in.  That's was so great!

I was grateful for:
-the fact I was in a nice warm home
-the fact that I could rest in a nice warm and soft bed
-indoor plumbing
-I had medicine
-I wasn't so bad that I had to be hospitalized

Things like that.  I had other thoughts that escape me now, but I'm so glad I was able to be thankful even in a time that wasn't so pleasant.  PERHAPS, I'm maturing.  Don't tell my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment